Monday, May 4, 2009

How do I state a hypothesis for a very general question in Applied Research Methods?

I just want to state the question right so that I have two variables, one independent and one dependent. Right now I am NOT studying extraneous variables but will shortly. Right now I am studying Applied Research Methods and I have my independent variable as "Guns found in the home" and the dependent variable as "Occurrence of domestic violence". Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I state a hypothesis for a very general question in Applied Research Methods?
A hypothesis, my dear, is not the stating of a question. A hypothesis is an educated answer to the question. So, your question would be what affect does having guns in the home have on the occurence of domestic violence? Hypothesis is: Having guns in the home will increase the amount of domestic violence because... then you work on the methods you will use to test your hypothesis.
Reply:If you have any questions or need help in stating a hypothesis and how to go about doing the research, email me! d_r_kalkbrenner@yahoo.com Report Abuse



No comments:

Post a Comment