Monday, November 16, 2009

Can you help me with some questions about sociological research methods (not conducting actual research here)?

Can you identify which methods produce...





a.Primary and Secondary Data


b.Quantitive and Qualititive data (and explain difference)


c. Valid, reliable and representative data





i doubt ill have many takers but whoever does this will earn 10 points, my immense personal gratitude, and the satisfiaction and good karma of helping another human being! Now how's that for a deal! =D

Can you help me with some questions about sociological research methods (not conducting actual research here)?
The one regarding quant/qualitative data isn't too hard.





Quantitative data is in the form of numbers and statistics (counting, measurements etc). It's also more efficient as compared to qualitative data.








Qualitative data is the actual detailed information one gathers. Data here is in form of words, pictures or even objects (no numbers involved). It's also more time consuming as compared to quantitative data.








When I was in hs (I know you're not...) I used to help myself remember it this way:





The root in quantitative is: quantity


- quantity refers to how many [things you have]...in turn, this requires a set of numbers.








Hope this helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment