Monday, November 16, 2009

I need to write a research method paper on domestic violence, can you help guide me ?

I failed this class previously due to researching a bad topic. I chose domestic violence and reasons women stay with an abusive partner. My professor said I need to narrow the topic, define my independent and dependent variable and to use journal articles. I used EBSCO for articles but I am finding very limited info, how can I narroe my topic so that I can list variables (independent and dependent) suggestions?

I need to write a research method paper on domestic violence, can you help guide me ?
Remember variables refer to independent causes. You can say that women stay in abusive relationships because fear, dependency and insecurity. Those variables can be dependent on each other in the fact that you are afraid of being on your own because you have always depended on your partner and feel insecure that you won't find anything or anyone better. They are independent variables because not all three variables apply to all women. Some just are led by fear, dependency or insecurity.





You can go to EBSCO and type in Women and fear, look into why women are afraid. Women and insecurity, and women and dependency. All three variables will give you different articles. Use all this information and see why women are driven to stay in abusive relationships.





Good Luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment