Monday, April 26, 2010

Examples of research questions about how neighbourhood watch reduces fear of crime?

I have to present a research proposal about this, and i'm totally lost :( I can write the proposal and justifications and research instrument stuff, I just can't come up with the actual question I wan't to ask, or how it's best to do it. We've been told it's got to include some qualitative research methods, but I'm just *so* lost. I can't get my head around it - i'm just getting more and more confused. How am I supposed to get an accurate measurement of fear of crime without using a closed question? Like, I could ask people to rate on a scale of 1-5 how afraid they are of burglary, and it's a scale I can work with and get results from, but with qualitative research, how can I do this and get a measure accross area's with and without Neighbourhood watch? Please help me, I don't even care if I have to change my methods or even start all over, I just need some serious guidance here!

Examples of research questions about how neighbourhood watch reduces fear of crime?
i think you would have to do a questionnaire with questions like does your area have neighbourhood watch?(you would need to get a group of people who do and a group who dont to compare) then more questions like are you afraid of burglary like you said but even if it is yes and no answers its still qualitative data isnt it?it would be quantitative data if you asked on a scale of 1-10 how scared are you?


try GOOGLE SCHOLAR aswell, type in the title you have used here an it should come up with previous research that has been done on the subject! good luck! :-)
Reply:Can you call or email your teacher cause they are the one that gave the assignment. Maybe someone here will help you but you are smarter than me. calm down it will all work out.


No comments:

Post a Comment