Monday, April 26, 2010

How do I compute a Sampling Distribution of the Sample Proportion with a Normal Distribution on my TI-83 Plus?

Here is the specific question:





Suppose that 32% of all U.S. voters believe that the president is doing a good job. If we take a random sample of n=250 voters, what is the probability that fewer than 30% of the voters in the sample believe that the president is doing a good job?





This is not for an exam, I am taking a Research %26amp; Methods class where I am over my head in Statistics and need help.





Thanks much,





Brad

How do I compute a Sampling Distribution of the Sample Proportion with a Normal Distribution on my TI-83 Plus?
This is a bionomial distribution. They either believe that he is doing a good job or not.





2ND VARS (DISTR)


Selection option B - binomcdf(


Then type:





bionomialcdf(250,0.32,0.3*250)


= .2726


= 27.3%

my cat

No comments:

Post a Comment