Monday, April 26, 2010

What is the easiest upper division psychology course?

I am taking a rather large load this coming spring and I would like to know which psychology course is the easiest (work wise and concept/understandable).





These are the choices:





Research Methods in Psychology


Physiological Psychology


Personality


Conceptual Development


Abnormal Child Psychology


Human Sexuality


Alcohol, Drugs and Behavior


Health Psychology


Psychology of Stereotype and Prejudice





PS: I am not a Psychology major

What is the easiest upper division psychology course?
From the list you've given I'd day Human Sexuality. Things that interest us are easier to study than things that are more obscure. Especially for a non-major.
Reply:I would agree that things that interest us are easier. Maybe you should go with that. I have my MA in Psych and have taken most of those classes and none of them were that easy. If you can, ask around and see who the professors are. I have found that a class may be easier just because of who is teaching it, not so much because of the topic. Also, what is your degree in? Maybe one class would be more helpful than others in your future career. One last suggestion, unless you are planning to be a researcher of some sort, avoid research methods in pscyh because although conducting experiments can be interesting, the material is very dry and possible too detailed for someone not interested in psych.


No comments:

Post a Comment