Saturday, April 17, 2010

Is there a piece of research or theorist that states that sample sizes are often constricted by size/culture.?

I am currently writing my proposal for my disstertation and I am planning on gathering my data by creating a website therefore allowing a widespread response.





My initial reasoning behind this was that the sample size will be larger and more culturally diverse. Is there a piece of research that criticises condensed samples?





Also can you think of any more reasons why this method is superior?

Is there a piece of research or theorist that states that sample sizes are often constricted by size/culture.?
I think gathering your data by website is actually worse because you can't check for computer error or the off-chance that someone might hack into the system. It definitely is not an approved method by any scientific journals used by people in the research business.
Reply:is there not already an internal critic in sociology that sample sizes that are small are no generalisable. This is particularly directed at fieldwork rather than survey methods.


I dont know what sample you are targeting. Perhaps you should consider the composition of the internet in terms of age, sex, social class etc before you preceed.


You might be restricting your sample by goin with a website. Its an availbality method, its also not very pro-active. Ive taken a sociological survey online before, but they also had an offline sample. Maybe you should consider doing both an online and offline survey.

tooth bleaching

No comments:

Post a Comment