Thursday, April 15, 2010

Help: dissertation research method!?

Hey, I am in the middle of writing up my disertation proposal but am struggling trying to apply theories, and would appreciate any insight into research methods.





I will be doing a thorough search on literature and analyzing several theories and concepts....but I shall also be conducting a few semi-structured interviews, along with a survey with 50 or so respondents, in order to draw up a conceptual framework and discussion....possible drawing up a new model.





Is this considered an exploratory research/ grounded theory? Or is it interprative? Or explanatory? Ahhh, it's so confusing!!





Thanks!

Help: dissertation research method!?
It has been a long time since I completed my dissertation. Since you are interviewing individuals as well as employing a survey, at the very least you will obviously be using descriptive statistics. I am sure your committee will not let you by with just that. If you are trying to find commonality among your responses, and depending on the type of survey, perhaps a cluster or factor analysis. When using a factor analysis and trying to "load" factors, it is referred to an exploratory analysis. Good luck to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment