Saturday, April 17, 2010

There is a question I am interested in researching, how do I get started?

I never took a research methods course in grad program, unfortunately and am now intersted in psychological research on a certain topic. Advice on how to get started and the steps I need to take to make this endeavor as successful as possible?

There is a question I am interested in researching, how do I get started?
Google it.


Also, depending on the topic, look at these sites.





www.apa.org


www.psycport.com


www.nimh.nih.gov


www.sciencedaily.com


www.medscape.com


www.webmd.com


www.pubmed.gov





There are many many other health, medical and psychological sites. Good luck.
Reply:Just type the name of your subject into the search box. Add a descriptive word after it. Example: Bipolar, symptoms; click: web search. Narrow it down. Bipolar, mild. Click Search. Bipolar, drugs/medicine. Pychopaths, killers. And so on and so forth. Try to boil it all down to the skinny. The fewer descriptive words you use the more results you tend to get. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment