Sunday, November 15, 2009

I am looking for someone to help me out with psychology research methods?

Hi all





Just wondering if there is anyone super skilled at research methods in psychology and will be willing to help me out/mentor me in their wise ways. I am in particular asking for your knowledge about two way ANCOVA and whether it is possible to use moderating variables in this design. If so, how would I go about doing so? if not, what type of analysis would you recommend? If you also have experience with SPSS, can you describe how I would perform such an analysis?

I am looking for someone to help me out with psychology research methods?
ANCOVA is the ideal tool when you want to look at moderating variables. In fact, that is what the "C" in ANCOVA is about (CO-variance). Your "moderating variable" is your co-variate. To run an ANCOVA in SPSS, first choose the part of the dataset you want to analyze (click on "data" and then under that menu, click "select cases"). To run your analysis, first click "analyze", then "general linear model", then "univariate" (unless, of course, you have more than one dependent variable - at that point, you are looking at MANCOVA, not ANCOVA). You will then be presented with a screen where you will enter your DV, IVs, and co-variates.





Best of luck on your project,


~M~





[edited to address your additional comment]


In this case, you will have multiple co-variates (e.g., pretest scores, SES, age). The analysis is done the same way.
Reply:Good Luck - you will need it. I would like to help you but I never did "get it" either when I studied that crap. I had to study ANOVA and other psychological testing methods and then generate reports and graphs from SPSS. It was a course in Statistics and it was the most difficult course I have ever completed. I just BS my way through the course and somehow made a B. You need to do the same dont waste your time tryin to understand it. The only advice I can give you is this. Dont write out the long drawn-out formulas on paper it is a waste of time and will drain you - rather, let SPSS do all of the work for you. Just get on SPSS and start messin around you will figure it out eventually but you wont be able to make any sense out of it. Good Luck and may God be with you!!


No comments:

Post a Comment