Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where can I find research or reports on how to teach advanced IT people new concepts?

I'm trying to find guidelines or research around what methods or features advanced technology users prefer, in an in-classroom experience. Are there 'best practices' when teaching an advanced topic to an advanced group of individuals? I'm sure this type of research exists for kids vs adults, for music vs math etc.





I'd like to take the research and then incorporate some of the best practices into a upper level technology course I'm designing. Thanks for your help in advance. Any links, organizations, academic or market research (syndicated is ok as I can probably get work to pay for it).





Best Regards,


A.L

Where can I find research or reports on how to teach advanced IT people new concepts?
There are a couple of great websites here with lots of info. just scroll down to the 'methods' section if you don't require all the info.:





http://www.ifla.org/IV/ifla61/61-gala.ht...





The following has some research info:





http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2007/nsf07514/ns...





http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/1997/...
Reply:Off the top of my head I am not aware of anything, but have you checked ISTE or Campus Technology? Both offer a lot of information and research related articles. You might even be able to find the name of other professionals that you could contact directly.





Good luck with this. It really sounds like an interesting project.


No comments:

Post a Comment